Events and occasions are an integral part of human life. We simply cannot bypass them as they touch almost all aspects of our social existence. Birthday celebrations, social gatherings, engagements and weddings are events we celebrate at the personal level.
During academic years there are school events such as annual day functions, inter and intra school contests, sports day celebrations, followed by college and university level festivals. In the sphere of work, there are annual general meetings, exhibitions, marketing campaigns, conferences, product launches and brand development activities. Other events such as fashion shows, cultural programs, talent hunt shows, promotional campaigns, religious gatherings and so on also play an important role in our life.
Essential skills include:
- Public Relations: to manage clients, their agents and a vast gamut of professionals you would meet in the line of your profession
- Creativity: from the germ of the concept to manage an occasion to its final delivery
- Marketing skills: to sell your idea to your clients in order to make their events memorable
- Analytical ability: you must have the knack to solve all sorts of problems and even have the foresight to anticipate unforeseen issues
- Organisational skills: to carefully plan for tasks for self and for the entire team
- Networking skills: this industry thrives on the shoulders of personal networking and you must have the ability to utilise it and expand it in your favour
- Management skills: ability to manage time, stress, subordinates, clients, budgeting, risks, situations and so on.